celix-dev mailing list archives

From MULDER Frank Willem <frank.mul...@nl.thalesgroup.com>
Subject some remarks and questions
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:48:19 GMT
Hello,

Some remarks/questions concerning Celix:

1.       For several applications, I need to select and follow a service, based on its properties.
In  the current service tracker implementation, on service creation, one can only give the
service class name as a parameter. In the Felix (java OSGi) implementation one can, alternatively,
give a LDAP filter as parameter. The full Felix interface needs to be provided in Celix.

2.       The processing of a bundle's manifest file (in celix) is not robust for whitespace
and lacking carriage returns, e.g. in the Services-Import/Export lists.  I don't know whether
the OSGi spec says something about this, but it would save the developers a lot of time when
robustness was built in.

3.       In some OSGi applications a resource file is used, see e.g. the paint example of
the book "OSGi in Action". Here some .png files are used in the application to display icons
on a user interface. In the book "OSGi in Action" it is possible to get resources through
the bundle object, see listing 3.17 of "OSGi in action". Is the resource interface already
implemented in Celix?

4.       I have implemented some of the easier examples of the book 'OSGi in action' (that
concerns Felix, a java implementation of OSGi) in celix. I have sent the code to 'celix' and
hope that these will be provided in celix's svn repository in the near future.

5.       In the Celix environment, cmake is used for building.  I have an implementation of
the paint-example in Celix, that uses the GDK environment as an external library. In the makefiles
of GDK applications, one generally uses the 'pkg-config' tool to find information about include-files
and libraries of GDK.  In cmake one can use the FindPkgConfig macro, by adding the following
lines:

include(FindPkgConfig)
pkg_search_module(GLIB REQUIRED glib-2.0)
pkg_search_module(GTHR REQUIRED gthread-2.0)
pkg_search_module(GTK REQUIRED gtk+-2.0)
include_directories(${GTK_INCLUDE_DIRS})
include_directories (${GLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS})
include_directories (${GTHR_INCLUDE_DIRS})
link_directories(${GTK_LINK_DIRS})
link_directories (${GLIB_ LINK_DIRS})
link_directories (${GTHR_ LINK _DIRS})
target_link_libraries(${_targetname} pthread ${GLIB_LIBRARIES} ${GTK_LIBRARIES} ${GTHR_LIBRARIES})

                                Under MacOS, cmake has some problems using the link directories,
communicated in the 'link_directories()' commands in the 'target_link_libraries()' command.
The 'pkg_search_module()' finds the correct link directories. I need to look deeper in this
problem, but maybe someone already has experience with cmake files and knows the solution
to the problem.

Gr. Frank Mulder

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.