celix-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some remarks and questions
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:08:47 GMT
Hi,

> ----- I added issue CELIX-17

Fixed.

> -------  I must admit that I don't know the difference between getEntry()
> and getResource().  I need to look further into these API's.

Following the OSGi spec, getResource looks in the bundle classpath, while
getEntry only looks in the bundle itself. The difference being that with
getResource one could end up with a resource from a different bundle (as it
might be imported by the current bundle).

Since Celix doesn't have a concept like bundle classpath, it is save to
assume you have to use getEntry. Missing is the "getEntryPaths" function to
get a list of entries.

> ----- I have installed GTK on the mac and with make (i.s.o cmake) the
> pkg-config command works fine.  If you don't have a solution readily
> available, I'll look into it myself, as it is not really related to Celix

If you've got some small test code, feel free to email it to me directly,
having an example in Celix which uses some widgets would be a cool use case
to show the possibilities. So I'd like to get something like this working.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis