archiva-users mailing list archives

From Oz <codesim...@iioii.org>
Subject Log Rotation
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:11:58 GMT
Greetings fellow Archiva users!

I have installed Archiva on Ubuntu 18.04, it is a standalone installation with a separate
base directory as described in this page: http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.3/adminguide/standalone.html
This is all working well.

We have a corporate log retention policy and we use Linux logrotate to implement consistent
log rotation all log files.

I would like to customize the logging, specifically the log file name and disable log rotation.
 I would like to disable log file rotation by Archiva/log4j2 and use Linux logrotate.

It appears that the Archiva web application has its own log4j2 configuration file in the directory:
apps/archiva/WEB-INF/classes/log4j2.xml

Is it advisable to modify this configuration file or should I create my own log4j2 configuration
file in ARCHIVA_BASE/conf/ directory?

Then specify this configuration file in the wrapper.conf using the following method:
wrapper.java.additional.x=-Dlog4j.configurationFile=%ARCHIVA_BASE%/conf/myLog4j2.xml

Will this work?  Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Oz