archiva-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disable password timeout, reset
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 14:27:08 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> wrote:
>
> > I set up an Archiva 2.2 server a while back, and thought I'd succeeded in
> > disabling the requirement to renew the password after so many days, not
> > allow reuse of the last X number of passwords, etc. Earlier this week I
> was
> > rudely surprised to find that I had to reset my password. How can I stop
> > this?
> >
> > I am running Archiva on port 8080, starting it with
> >
> > $ cd /opt/apache-archiva-2.2.0
> > $ nohup bin/archiva console start &
> >
> > I created a ~/.m2/security.properties file based on the one at
> >
> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/adminguide/customising-security.html.
> > Mine is shown below. The two properties in bold I thought would disable
> > password expiration.
> >
> > #
> >
> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/adminguide/customising-security.html
> > #
> >

> https://github.com/apache/archiva-redback-core/blob/master/redback-configuration/src/main/resources/org/apache/archiva/redback/config-defaults.properties
> >
> > # Security Policies
> > #security.policy.password.encoder=
> >

> *security.policy.password.previous.count=-1security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false*
> > security.policy.password.expiration.days=180
> > security.policy.password.expiration.notify.days=10
> > security.policy.allowed.login.attempt=10
> >
> > # Password Rules
> > security.policy.password.rule.alphanumeric.enabled=false
> > security.policy.password.rule.alphacount.enabled=true
> > security.policy.password.rule.alphacount.minimum=1
> > security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.enabled=true
> > security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.minimum=1
> > security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.maximum=8
> > security.policy.password.rule.musthave.enabled=true
> > security.policy.password.rule.numericalcount.enabled=true
> > security.policy.password.rule.numericalcount.minimum=1
> > security.policy.password.rule.reuse.enabled=true
> > security.policy.password.rule.nowhitespace.enabled=true
> >

> > Maybe that's not enough? In looking a the archiva-redback-core on
> GitHub, I
> > see *two additional settings* under Security Policies:
> >
> > # turn off the perclick enforcement of various security policies,
> slightly
> > # more heavyweight since it will ensure that the User object on each
> click
> > # is up to date
> > security.policy.strict.enforcement.enabled=true
> > security.policy.strict.force.password.change.enabled=true
> >
> > So, if I add these properties to my ~/.m2/security.properties file, set
> > both to false, kill Archiva and restart it, will this disable the
> password
> > reset requirement? If not, how can I do so?
> >

> That should work otherwise you are facing a bug :-(
> You can use a file located here as well
> ${appserver.home}/conf/security.properties

There seems to be a bug. I set security.policy.strict.enforcement.enabled
and security.policy.strict.force.password.change.enabled to false in
*both* locations--~/.m2/security.properties
and ${appserver.home}/conf/security.properties--but have once again been
told that admin's password has expired.

It's also annoying that I can't reuse one of the last 6 passwords (this is,
essentially, a private server inside a firewall). I thought
"security.policy.password.rule.reuse.enabled=true" would allow reuse, but
it didn't.

Time to change the sticky note...