archiva-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation suggestion for ARCHIVA_BASE and 'Installing as a Service on Linux'
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:20:39 GMT
Well, I may have spoken too soon. I'm missing something since Archiva is
*not* running on startup.

I set the ownership of /opt/apache-archiva-2.2.0/bin/archiva to root:root
and softlinked that to /etc/init.d/archiva. I can run `sudo
/etc/init.d/archiva start` and archiva starts (and sees my repositories
with the change to conf/wrapper.conf described earlier). However if I
restart the server, when it comes up Archiva is *not* running. I must
always start Archiva myself.

I even added a BEGIN INIT to the archiva script:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          archiva
# Required-Start: $local_fs $remote_fs
from ASF.
### END INIT INFO

but to no effect.

Maybe this is a systemd thing since the machine is openSUSE 12.3. Any
ideas? Has anyone crafted a service script that can be started with
systemctl?