archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues after upgrading to 2.0.1
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:18:53 GMT
Hi Olivier,

Am 17.04.2014 13:38, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
> Weird as this should be faster than 1.3.x using a database.

:) Well, it turned out, it is. We finally found the issue. It was just
overload of the system and not from the indexing / scanning. We found
the root cause to be unspecific searches from users.

Today we found the issue: Currently the FlatSearchRequest in
MavenRepositorySearch has no count set. Therefore we had TreeMaps with
sizes up to 400k entries and as the users were impatient, they executed
multiple of these searches (which are async and therefore are not
aborted, when the user looses interest) :)

As some debugging showed: The UI will only display 30 artifacts anyway
(and duplicate the artifacts for each found version) - so in the end the
UI finds different amounts of entries and we didn't think it was related
to the total amount found.

Nevertheless, will open a few issues, and propose a few things over at
the dev ML.

Thanks for the help,
Greetings
-Sascha-


Mime
View raw message