archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject MRM-1791 doesn't seem to be fixed
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 00:00:40 GMT
Hi.

I'm testing the standalone version of Archiva v2.0.0 on Win 7 64-bit with no extra configuration.

I'm trying to map Active Directory groups to Archiva roles, but I'm not having any luck.

The LDAP config is correct.  The tests conducted by the "Verify LDAP changes." and "Verify
LDAP configuration on server side." Buttons successfully execute.

However, when I navigate to the "LDAP/Roles Mapping" tab, no groups are listed within the
LDAP Groups dropdown menu.

This has never worked for me.  How do I get this to work?

Here have been my 2 approaches:

1.)    Specify the same Dn in "Base Dn for groups" as I did in "baseDn".  This is true for
my scenario, because our groups are scattered all over the place.  This situation could be
related to MRM-1770<https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1770>.

2.)    My AD user belongs to a specific group, and I know where the group resides within the
AD tree.  If I pick the containing OrganizationUnit (meaning no subtree search is involved)
and use that as the "Base Dn for groups", I still see no "LDAP Groups" dropdown menu items
listed on the "LDAP/Roles Mapping" tab.

Chris Harris
Sr. Systems Consultant
Mobility CoE
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
340 N. Milwaukee Ave.
VH1E-075
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
M 224.383.4947
T 847.371.6632
chris_harris@baxter.com<mailto:chris_harris@baxter.com>

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer