archiva-users mailing list archives

From ALIX LOURME <alix.lou...@mpsa.com>
Subject Archiva 1.4-M4 and maven-metadata.xml generation for pluginGroups usage
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:44:42 GMT
Hi,

In our company we are using (the great tool !) Archiva, in version 1.4-M4.
We have some internal plugins, the usage by prefix is resolved with "pluginGroups" process
defined in maven settings.xml.

After some groupId/artifactId changes on these company plugins, the maven-metadata.xml files
have been deleted in plugins directory in our internal repository under archiva, to re-start
on a "clean" situation.

After a complete scan/index, I can see maven-metadata.xml of plugins/version are correctly
generated (eg : com.company.plugins.myPlugin and com.company.plugins.myPlugin.versionXYY),
but NOT in plugins root directory (eg : com.company.plugins).

So the repository directory corresponding to the settings.xml pluginsGroup configuration doesn't
have maven-metada.xml containing list of plugins.
It affects Maven 2 (v2.2.1) usage ... because this version is not very transigent when metadata
are not exist in this plugin prefix resolution case (compared to maven 3.1).

So my question : Archiva 1.4-M4 is not supposed generate this "intermediary" metadata automatically
? Or a specific configuration or consummer development must be done ?
(I "suppose" this process was ok in Archiva 1.3, some intermediary metadata are always present,
generated before version migration).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Best regards.

Alix Lourme