archiva-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Buchhorn <Dirk.Buchh...@FINKundPARTNER.de>
Subject Re: Strange error in 1.4-M4: repositoryId cannot be null
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 20:43:19 GMT
Hello Olivier,

today I install the current SNAPSHOT version but the error is still
there. The fast browse view impressed me.
My focus is still on the delete functionality. I hope my explanation
will be good enough.

I test this at work with an existing repository first but my mail is
based on an new archiva installation with an empty repository.
I think before I clear the browser cache (at work) an artifact version
could be deleted. But after clearing the browser cache it don't work.

1th
- insert a new artifact (mvn release:prepare; mvn release:perform)
- do a quick search (on the first page or the upper right search field)
- the search text is shown and the first search result is displayed over
the search text
-> bug

2th
- delete an artifact version (the "All or no" repository is selected)
- a balloon shows the message "[version.delete.missing.repoId]"
-> I don't know if this is a bug, because the browser application maybe
don't know this id?

3th
- delete an artifact version (the repository that contains the artifact
is selected)
- the program ask if I'm sure to delete the artifact -> click ok
- the server error message is displayed "repositoryId cannot be null"
-> bug not fixed for non snapshot versions (see 6th)

4th
- delete a module works

5th
- insert a new snapshot artifact (mvn deploy)
- delete the artifact version (the "All" repository is selected)
- a balloon shows the message "[version.delete.missing.repoId]"
-> bug?

6th
- delete an artifact version (the snapshot repository that contains the
artifact is selected) works
- the program ask if I'm sure to delete the artifact -> click ok
-> bug was fixed for the snapshot versions. The question is, why the
code changes work with the M4 version. I think this is a bug in M4 too.

Dirk