archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.3.5 database administration question
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 00:11:40 GMT
Hi David,

On 12 Nov 2013, at 7:29 am, Stallard,David <stallard@oclc.org> wrote:

> According to the following page, there should be 6 configurable Unprocessed Artifacts
Consumers and 3 Artifact Cleanup Consumers:

> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.5/adminguide/consumers.html

It looks like that documentation is out of date. There is only the one database consumer now
(and this further changes in the upcoming Archiva 2.0 release).

> We have had various error messages in the log and unreliable searching for a long time
now, and I suspect it may be because database consumers such as index-archive-toc, index-artifact,
and so forth, are not running.

We can probably help with those errors individually, although if you are looking for a clean
attempt you can move the Archiva database and indexes out of the way and restart it - that
should certainly correct the issues if you can afford the time and CPU cycles to reindex.

Regards,
Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter