archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Stallard,David" <stall...@oclc.org>
Subject Transfer Invalidated error?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:18:42 GMT
In Archiva 1.3.5, we are getting a lot of the following error type in the log.  I know that
when Archiva is looking for things in an external proxy it will cycle through the proxy list
and build a URL for that proxy and just try it...if it fails, it tries the next proxy, and
so on.  But I don't think that's what is happing in this case, because all of these errors
involve only one of our defined proxies: maven.atlassian.com.

If you try to find the artifacts at that proxy, they don't exist - so it makes sense that
trying to retrieve them would fail.  But I don't understand why it keeps trying to pull artifacts
which don't exist at this particular proxy.  Perhaps there is old information sitting around
somewhere which is causing it to do this over and over?  We do have a commons-logging/commons-logging
artifact directory (to take one example from below), and it contains maven-metadata files
for several proxies, including the file maven-metadata-atlassian.xml.  It looks like these
might keep track of which versions are available at each proxy?  Perhaps we just need to delete
the atlassian file to stop it from trying to poll that proxy for the artifacts which don't
exist there?  Perhaps they did exist there at some point in the past, and that's why we have
such a file in the first place?

Here are a few example errors:

2013-11-20 14:02:50,377 [http-10000-11] WARN  org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors
 - Transfer invalidated from http://maven.atlassian.com/public/commons-digester/commons-digester/maven-metadata.xml
: Checksums do not match, policy set to FAIL, deleting checksum files and local file [archiva_path]/data/repositories/internal/.workingdirectory81927.tmp/maven-metadata-atlassian-public.xml.

2013-11-20 14:02:57,914 [http-10000-22] WARN  org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors
 - Transfer invalidated from http://maven.atlassian.com/public/commons-logging/commons-logging/maven-metadata.xml
: Checksums do not match, policy set to FAIL, deleting checksum files and local file [archiva_path]/data/repositories/internal/.workingdirectory81974.tmp/maven-metadata-atlassian-public.xml.

Thanks,
David