archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP Issues
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:31:22 GMT
Hi,
It's fair to relate your frustation as I have to agree this ldap part
need more love :-).
We probably need more help and test.

Of of my dream is to remove this redback part to not have to maintain
that (using shiro will ease) but that need some work... (maybe on
layer on the top of redback and delegate to shiro)

I can probably try to have a look but later as currently I'm focused
on releasing 1.4-M3 with the new UI.
But I will test on open source LDAP (I cannot test on AD server so
here we will need help for testing).

2012/9/14 Chris Jacobs <Chris.Jacobs@apollogrp.edu>:
> Weak LDAP support is my primary frustration with Archiva currently - I was quite saddened
to see your report on 1.4.x: I tried to configure LDAP in 1.3.x, had pretty much the same
experience you're having now, and got my hopes up after reading that some improvements for
LDAP were coming in 1.4.

> It boggles my mind that a large feature - authentication - would get so little work towards
integrating with external, rfc spec authentication systems. Shoving this 'problem' off to
Redback (documentation and decent integration from Archiva, what's that?) seems like a serious
cop-out - just make it another, even more anemic (it's a fact, not a pointing out of failure),
project's problem.

> I'm not adding anything here really; hoping to stoke some fires.
>
> - chris

the initial login/config that allows Archiva to locate and log in fails.  That's what was
preventing Archiva from even starting up.  Once I got past that error, I got to the point
where I am now.

> I get a 404 error for that 2nd link that you sent me.
>
>  - Chris Harris

the sender and remove it from your system.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com