archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject Cannot get Archiva to create tables in 'archiva' database in MySQL 5.5
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:36:25 GMT
Hi.

I've set up Archiva apache-archiva-1.4-M2.war on Windows XP using Tomcat 7.0.26 (base separated
from installation).

I've set up a MySQL 5.5 database.  The problem is that I see no tables or data getting populated
in just the archiva schema for the "archiva" user.  However, I am seeing tables and data populating
the users schema for the "users" user.

I used this script:
create database archiva;

create database users;

use mysql;
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX ON archiva.* TO 'archiva'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'archiva';
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX ON users.* TO 'users'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'users';

I can successfully launch the Archiva .war in Tomcat.  Upon my initial launch of Archiva,
I was prompted to create the admin.  Once I created the admin, the admin showed up in the
jdouser table in the users schema.  The guest user is present as well.

I've attached archiva.log.

I see that the \path\to\tomcat_base_archiva\data\repositories\*  directories default internal
and snapshots repositories are getting created within my file system.  That would indicate
that Derby is getting used for the repositories, correct?

Here's my archiva.xml from \path\to\tomcat_base_archiva\conf\Catalina\localhost
<Context path="/archiva"
         docBase="C:/apache/tomcat_base_archiva/archiva/apache-archiva-1.4-M2.war"
         reloadable="true"
         antiJARLocking="true"
         antiResourceLocking="true">

         <!-- docBase="${catalina.home}/archiva/apache-archiva-1.4-M2.war"> -->
  <Resource name="jdbc/users"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="users"
            password="users"
            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/users?autoReconnect=true"/>

  <Resource name="jdbc/archiva"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            username="archiva"
            password="archiva"
            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/archiva?autoReconnect=true"/>

  <Resource name="mail/Session"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>
</Context>

I poked around in the Archiva code on SVN here :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/tags/archiva-1.4-M2/archiva-modules/archiva-web/archiva-webapp/src/
I looked at the jetty config file jetty-env-mysql.xml and noticed that the archiva user is
given the password 'sa'.
I noticed that here too:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/tags/archiva-1.4-M2/archiva-modules/archiva-web/archiva-webapp/src/sql/mysql/drop_archiva_tables.sql?view=markup
So, I even tried changing the "archiva" user's password to sa within MySQL and in archiva.xml.

That didn't work.

I've read about a  bug where MySQL db's shouldn't be set to UTF-8, but that bug appears to
have affected older Archiva versions.  Both my users and archiva tables are set to UTF-8.

It's odd that the users db is being utilized, but the archiva db is not.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm tempted to try PostgreSQL, but I don't want to open another potential can of worms just
yet.

-    Chris
The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of , or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer