archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot get Archiva to create tables in 'archiva' database in MySQL 5.5
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:13:08 GMT
Hi Chris,

Archiva 1.4 no longer has an 'archiva' database, as it has switched to using Jackrabbit for
storing the artifact metadata (by default, though there are other options). The documentation
has been updated, but until 1.4 is final that's not the main version on the site.

Regards,
Brett

On 29/08/2012, at 1:36 PM, "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_harris@baxter.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I’ve set up Archiva apache-archiva-1.4-M2.war on Windows XP using Tomcat 7.0.26 (base
separated from installation).

> I’ve set up a MySQL 5.5 database.  The problem is that I see no tables or data getting
populated in just the archiva schema for the “archiva” user.  However, I am seeing tables
and data populating the users schema for the “users” user.

> I used this script:
> create database archiva;
>
> create database users;
>
> use mysql;
> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX ON archiva.* TO 'archiva'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'archiva';
> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX ON users.* TO 'users'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'users';

> I can successfully launch the Archiva .war in Tomcat.  Upon my initial launch of Archiva,
I was prompted to create the admin.  Once I created the admin, the admin showed up in the
jdouser table in the users schema.  The guest user is present as well.

> I’ve attached archiva.log.
>
> I see that the \path\to\tomcat_base_archiva\data\repositories\*  directories default
internal and snapshots repositories are getting created within my file system.  That would
indicate that Derby is getting used for the repositories, correct?

> Here’s my archiva.xml from \path\to\tomcat_base_archiva\conf\Catalina\localhost
> <Context path="/archiva"
>          docBase="C:/apache/tomcat_base_archiva/archiva/apache-archiva-1.4-M2.war"
>          reloadable="true"
>          antiJARLocking="true"
>          antiResourceLocking="true">
>
>          <!-- docBase="${catalina.home}/archiva/apache-archiva-1.4-M2.war"> -->
>   <Resource name="jdbc/users"
>             auth="Container"
>             type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>             username="users"
>             password="users"
>             driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>             url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/users?autoReconnect=true"/>
>
>   <Resource name="jdbc/archiva"
>             auth="Container"
>             type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>             username="archiva"
>             password="archiva"
>             driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>             url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/archiva?autoReconnect=true"/>
>
>   <Resource name="mail/Session"
>             auth="Container"
>             type="javax.mail.Session"
>             mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>
> </Context>
>
> I poked around in the Archiva code on SVN here :
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/tags/archiva-1.4-M2/archiva-modules/archiva-web/archiva-webapp/src/
> I looked at the jetty config file jetty-env-mysql.xml and noticed that the archiva user
is given the password ‘sa’.
> I noticed that here too:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/tags/archiva-1.4-M2/archiva-modules/archiva-web/archiva-webapp/src/sql/mysql/drop_archiva_tables.sql?view=markup
> So, I even tried changing the “archiva” user’s password to sa within MySQL and
in archiva.xml.

> That didn’t work.
>
> I’ve read about a  bug where MySQL db’s shouldn’t be set to UTF-8, but that bug
appears to have affected older Archiva versions.  Both my users and archiva tables are set
to UTF-8.

> It’s odd that the users db is being utilized, but the archiva db is not.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I’m tempted to try PostgreSQL, but I don’t want to open another potential can of
worms just yet.

> -    Chris
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this
message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive
privilege or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of ,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.