archiva-users mailing list archives

From Charles Kim <charl...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Performance when resolving artifacts...
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:36:22 GMT
Have you tried profiling it to see where the bottleneck is?  We have also run into performance
issues as well.  Not sure if 1.4-M2 addresses this http://jawspeak.com/2010/11/28/spring-slow-autowiring-by-type-getbeannamesfortype-fix-10x-speed-boost-3600ms-to/
but we patched it on our build.
Another place we've looked was the authentication where it created a lot of HTTP sessions
as part of the authentication.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:predatorvi@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:32 AM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Performance when resolving artifacts...

I'm running Archiva 1.4-M2.

When I do a build from any of our dev machines or build server, it takes a long time to pull
even just the POM files from Archiva.

Typical times for POM files are:

(826 B at 0.7 KB/sec)
(3 KB at 0.2 KB/sec)
(834 B at 0.6 KB/sec)
(822 B at 0.8 KB/sec)

Is this normal?  I really would have expected much, MUCH faster.  The server is dedicated
to Archiva running on Tomcat so there should not be any resource problems and it is running
CentOs 6.2 w/ 4GB RAM, dual core CPU and tomcat configured to use 3GB of that.

Could it be searching all repositories in my group, including all proxies regardless of the
artifact?

Is there something to help me tune it better?

Thanks!

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com