archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separating indexes question...
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 02:10:18 GMT
Thanks!

Regarding the shared storage for repositories...I moved my "test" archiva
instance (running on Win2KR2)  into our production VM App Pool and am now
running on CentOS 6.  <**applause**>

We were going to nfs mount the repository folder to our iSilon NAS. (It
might be iSCSI, but I'm not 100% sure)

Will that kill performance?

I was shooting for option #2 based on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/High+Availability+Archiva
which
is why I was separating the index locations, but didn't see any performance
related tips regarding the fs.

Hopefully I'm not missing something before it goes live!

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> 2012/5/15 Jeff <predatorvi@gmail.com>:
> > I'm trying to setup my new 1.4-M2 server and structure the repository and
> > indexes and database files that will facilitate future scaling/load
> > balancing.  I read that the indexes shouldn't be shared so I've got the
> > following structure:
> >
> > /archiva
> >   /data
> >      /jcr
> >      /remotes
> > *      /repositories  //<--Eventually mounted to shared storage.*
> doh that will break io performance (you use famous ntfs :-) )
> >   /conf
> >   /derbydb
> >   /logs
> > I am now trying to configure my repositories and don't know what to put
> > specifically in the "Index Directory:" field for them.
> >
> > Do I need to specify just the root index folder (/archiva/indexes) or do
> > need to specify a repository-specific folder for each repository
> > (/archiva/indexes/repo1)?  Or something else?
> File content are the same so you must use per repo.
> /archiva/indexes/repo1
> /archiva/indexes/repo2
> etc...
>

> > --