archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Need some insight deploying 1.4-M2
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 23:12:17 GMT
I'm sure I'm missing something completely obvious but I'm not seeing it and
need some seasoned folks to provide some perspective.

I'm starting fresh with Tomcat 6 on CentOS 6 and want to install Archiva
1.4-M2 but get errors like this.

2012-05-10 16:42:28,913
[ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] ERROR
JPOX.RDBMS.Schema  - Failed initialising database. Please check that your
database JDBC driver is accessible, and the database URL and
username/password are correct. Exception : Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)

Caused by: javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Failed initialising database.
Please check that your database JDBC driver is accessible, and the database
URL and username/password are correct. Exception : Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)

bean with name 'repositoryMetadataBuilder': Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed
to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataBuilder]

Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)

Caused by: javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Failed initialising database.
Please check that your database JDBC driver is accessible, and the database
URL and username/password are correct. Exception : Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
'/archiva/derbydb/users', see the next exception for details.)

I've created the folders to isolate the files so if needed, I can mount
remote filesystems and run a couple front end servers:

/archiva
     /derbydb
          /users
     /repositories

I have the following in my tomcat6.conf:

CATALINA_OPTS="-Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_HOME
-Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_HOME"

My $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml is:

<Context path="/"
          docBase="${catalina.home}/archiva/archiva.war">
        <Resource name="jdbc/users" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           username="sa"
           password=""
           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
           url="jdbc:derby:/archiva/derbydb/users;create=true" />

        <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>
</Context>

I have added the following JAR files into my $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory:

activation-1.1.jar
derby-10.1.3.1.jar
derbytools-10.1.3.1.jar
mail-1.4.jar