archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need some insight deploying 1.4-M2
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 20:44:10 GMT
Okay, finally getting back to this:

The user that runs the tomcat process is 'tomcat' and ownership of /archiva
and all sub folders are tomcat:tomcat with permissions 755.

I added this to my tomcat6.conf:

       JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"

and now I see files getting created in the /archiva/derbydb/users folder:

dbex.lck  db.lck  log  seg0  service.properties  tmp

but I see this error in my catalina.out:

     2012-05-14 19:48:16.103 GMT Thread[main,5,main]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: derby.log (Permission denied)

but don't know where it is trying to create/open derby.log.  I dug around
and added:

     -Dderby.system.home=/archiva/derbydb

to my tomcat6.conf startup parameters.  I also changed the archiva.xml jdbc
url to be relative to derbydb such as:

     url="jdbc:derby:*users*;create=true"

and now get the following errors:

2012-05-14 14:27:59,190 [main] WARN  JPOX.RDBMS  - Error initialising derby
schema : Schema 'SA' does not exist
ERROR 42Y07: Schema 'SA' does not exist
012-05-14 14:27:59,205 [main] WARN  JPOX.RDBMS  - Error initialising derby
schema : 'DROP FUNCTION' cannot be performed on 'JPOX_MATCHES' because it
does not exist.
2012-05-14 14:28:02,481 [main] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS.Schema  - Failed
initialising database. Please check that your database JDBC driver is
accessible, and the database URL and username/password are correct.
Exception : Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

I can't see anything else I could be missing and feels like I'm back at
square 1.  Any additional hints/suggestions are much appreciated.

Jeff

Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com
See my LinkedIn profile at: