archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Barboni" <barb...@irit.fr>
Subject RE: Issues with Archiva
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:04:12 GMT
Hi James,

I am quite new user of archiva so I can only give you basic tips.

Is possible that all the 3 point are strongly related.

Step 1-- Are proxy settings ok ?
 Is your archiva server behind a proxy ? Do you set proxy for every
proxyConnector ?

Step 2-- Is the timeout failure only for snapshot ?
The apache snapshots repository may not be configured or enabled or proxy
settings may be missing.
Id:    apache.snapshots
url:   http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/

Best Regards
Eric

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Caldwell, James [mailto:James.Caldwell@disney.com]
Envoyé : mardi 28 février 2012 20:20
À : users@archiva.apache.org
Objet : Issues with Archiva

Hi all...I'm having 3 issues that I have been bashing my head against for
about a week with no success. Does anyone have any ideas?

1)      Archiva is searching for artifacts that are internal to the system
on external repositories
a.      There are a series of artifacts that appear to be spread all over
that I see on the file system, that are shown as indexed, but for some
reason archiva is reaching to outside repositories where the artifacts do
not exist. Any ideas?
2)      Problem with maven-metadata.xml files
a.      There is a massive slowness in downloading these files it appears.
Maven builds are timing out when downloading this one type of file (across
all artifacts) from Archiva. Additionally...it also seems to be effected by
problem #1 where I see it going outside to an external repository where they
do not exist.
3)      Unable to download artifacts from external repositories -
a.      When Archiva reaches out to download artifacts from external
resources, the download fails. There is a large time out per repository,
when I attempt to duplicate on the Archiva server, the object returns
instantly. In the logs I get a:
2012-02-28 11:01:27,385 [btpool0-8] ERROR
org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory  - Failures
occurred downloading from some remote repositories:
        central: Download failure on resource
[http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=/commons-logging/commons-log
ging/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
transferring file: Connection timed out: connect (cause:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect)
        maven2-repository.dev.java.net: Download failure on resource
[http://download.java.net/maven/2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.2-SNAP
SHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error transferring file:
Connection timed out: connect (cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect)
        spring-releases: Download failure on resource
[http://maven.springframework.org/release/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.
1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error transferring
file: Connection timed out: connect (cause: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection timed out: connect)
        spring-release: Download failure on resource
[http://repo.springsource.org/libs-release/commons-logging/commons-logging/1
.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
transferring file: Connection timed out: connect (cause:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect)
        spring-milestone: Download failure on resource
[http://maven.springframework.org/milestone//commons-logging/commons-logging
/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
transferring file: Connection timed out: connect (cause:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect)
org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.ProxyDownloadException: Failures occurred
downloading from some remote repositories:

Environment details - Win2k8, Java 1.6.0_22, Archiva 1.3.5

Let me know thoughts. Thanks,

J. Caldwell
Senior Sustainment Engineer - Central Engineering Disney Technology
Solutions and Services
925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1600 | Seattle, WA 98104
*: 206.664.4445  | *:
james.caldwell@disney.com<mailto:james.caldwell@disney.com>