archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:14:38 GMT

On 23/11/2011, at 7:52 PM, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Yes, this is a dedicated machine that we've installed yesterday and Tomcat hasn't been
modified to use the Eclipse compiler. We didn't change anything after installation.
> We use CentOS 5.4 as OS, and this is an old one, do you think it can be related to?

Should be fine.

A few things to try:
- check your Tomcat install is intact. I was able to find the class referred to with jar tvf
/usr/local/tomcat/lib/ecj-3.3.1.jar | grep Categoriz
- try upgrading to the latest Tomcat 6.0 (I have 6.0.32 working)
- try settings the appserver variables to a location outside of the Tomcat installation -
you probably don't want them mixed up anyway

Have you considered using the standalone distribution?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org