archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva, "how" to use it?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:25:17 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion. This is probably a good thing to file as a request in JIRA as well:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM

Cheers,
Brett

On 27/11/2011, at 8:37 PM, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope that I'm at the right place for this post.
>
> We recently decided to use Archiva, and I see that Archiva provides a default configuration
with two repositories, internal and snapshots. I also see that the internal repository is
configured to proxy two public repositories of Maven.
> I have a question related to "best practices" when using Archiva in enterprise. I didn't
find documents that explain how to configure Archiva according to the enterprise structure.
I mean, are the two default repositories enough for each enterprise or, do I need to configure
other repositories for other needs?
> Also, I didn't found document that explain how to use the Archiva repositories with Maven.
I'm not talking about the configuration that is explained in the Archiva user guide, but about
how to use both in the build process. I know (I think) what is the purpose of the snapshots
repository, but I don't know when to use it, and how?

> I think this will be a good idea to add this topic to the Archiva user guide. I precise
that we use Maven for our builds.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org