archiva-users mailing list archives

From Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>
Subject NAT question re: cloud hosting
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:49:01 GMT
Hi Archiva Users,

I haven't used archiva for nearly 4 months due to workload and I'd like to get back into using
it to help with testing and my own project needs.
I initially tested an install on Rackspace Cloud which ran nicely, but the Amazon (AWS) service
provides more RAM and is cheaper (because I have a couple reserved instances)

Rackspace = Public IP address      vs     AWS = private IP address with NAT-ing for a public
IP address (i.e. the public address does not live on the server)

I will eventually (this week) test with AWS, but to expedite I ask:  does anyone host their
archiva on AWS with an elastic (public) IP?

Thanks
Chris