archiva-users mailing list archives

From Mickael Marrache <Mickael.Marra...@xconnect.net>
Subject Archiva, "how" to use it?
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:37:40 GMT
Hi,

I hope that I'm at the right place for this post.

We recently decided to use Archiva, and I see that Archiva provides a default configuration
with two repositories, internal and snapshots. I also see that the internal repository is
configured to proxy two public repositories of Maven.
I have a question related to "best practices" when using Archiva in enterprise. I didn't find
documents that explain how to configure Archiva according to the enterprise structure. I mean,
are the two default repositories enough for each enterprise or, do I need to configure other
repositories for other needs?
Also, I didn't found document that explain how to use the Archiva repositories with Maven.
I'm not talking about the configuration that is explained in the Archiva user guide, but about
how to use both in the build process. I know (I think) what is the purpose of the snapshots
repository, but I don't know when to use it, and how?

I think this will be a good idea to add this topic to the Archiva user guide. I precise that
we use Maven for our builds.

Thanks