archiva-users mailing list archives

From Mickael Marrache <Mickael.Marra...@xconnect.net>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:27:19 GMT
Hi,

Finally, I've tried on Ubuntu and I've installed Tomcat 6.0.32 and it works.
I don't know if the problem was related to CentOS. Maybe, some libraries are provided by CentOS
and because it was an old version, this may cause problems but I don't know.

Thanks for your help, Brett!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett@porterclan.net] On Behalf Of Brett Porter
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:15 AM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

On 23/11/2011, at 7:52 PM, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Yes, this is a dedicated machine that we've installed yesterday and Tomcat hasn't been
modified to use the Eclipse compiler. We didn't change anything after installation.
> We use CentOS 5.4 as OS, and this is an old one, do you think it can be related to?

Should be fine.

A few things to try:
- check your Tomcat install is intact. I was able to find the class referred to with jar tvf
/usr/local/tomcat/lib/ecj-3.3.1.jar | grep Categoriz
- try upgrading to the latest Tomcat 6.0 (I have 6.0.32 working)
- try settings the appserver variables to a location outside of the Tomcat installation -
you probably don't want them mixed up anyway

Have you considered using the standalone distribution?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org