archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: appserver.base setting variable !!
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:54:34 GMT
The repository paths default to this location, but you can definitely set an absolute path.
If you have access to the admin UI, you can go ahead and change it from the repositories tab.
Otherwise, you'd need to edit the ~/.m2/archiva.xml file created.

There are two things you likely need to change in the web app to not use the property at all:
- applicationContext.xml - this defines configuration loading locations, which you could customise
- log4j.xml - this defines where the logs are saved.

Regards,
Brett

On 05/10/2011, at 10:46 PM, Harish Sharma wrote:

> also to solve this problem i am thinking of changing source code of archiva to use absolute
path for repositories but that seems very long procedure so please suggest me some other alternatives.

> -Harish Sharma
>
> On Oct 5, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Harish Sharma wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am setting up archiva 1.3.5 with tomcat 6.6 using  mysql 5 every thing is fine except
I am unable to set ${appserver.base} variable using my application.property file .
> Thing is I strictly need to use application.property file to set this variable.
> I am able to set is trough CATALINA_OPTS=-Dappserver.base but i cannot use that in my
organisation .
> So i need to hard code this appserver.base value in application.property file but when
i do that my tomcat is unable to read it from there and i get this error
> ERROR: ${appserver.base}/data/repository/internal does not exist . that means tomcat
is not able to resolve appserver.base value from application.property file .

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org