archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Stallard,David" <stall...@oclc.org>
Subject 100% CPU in Archiva 1.3.5
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:48:58 GMT
We have been running Archiva 1.3.4 for several months without issue.
Last week, CPU usage shot up to 100% or higher...we saw it go as high as
300% (this is a 4-CPU host).  We were not able to tie this to any
particular event.

I discovered that 1.3.5 fixes a Dependency Tree issue which can cause
high CPU usage, so yesterday we upgraded to 1.3.5.  At first the problem
seemed resolved, but over the next 15 hours the CPU usage continued to
increase until now we are back to having CPU usage at 100% consistently.
When the hourly scans of internal and snapshots happen, this jumps up to
around 200%.

This morning Archiva became unresponsive, which is when I discovered
that the high CPU is still an issue.  I bounced Archiva; while this made
the system responsive again, the CPU was immediately back at 100% usage.

The logs show no unusual activity.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks,
David