archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Functional question relating to Maven central...
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 23:57:47 GMT
I have my shiney new Archiva server up (at least I can log into the web
interface and mess with the settings) and it looks like there are proxy
connectors to central and java.net repositories by default.

After searching the docs I'm still fuzzy how the wiring between central and
java.net repositories works and I don't get any search results for artifacts
that should be in central.

   - Should I be able to search Archiva for artifacts in central or java.net,
   even if they haven't been cached yet?
      - If so, how do I trigger Archiva to update indexes from these
      repositories?
   - I tried hitting the default URL for maven central and the
java.netrepositories.  The maven central url (
   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) shows a message stating that browsing for
   that directory has been disabled and provides a link to the new "search" and
   "view" page.
      - Is there a new URL?  Will this affect Archiva?
   - Does Archiva only cache artifacts from Central if they have been
   requested or does it try to pull all of them at some point?

Any clarification on how wiring up Archiva to provide access to central/
java.net is achieved is much appreciated.

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com