archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Chandrasekaran G (RBEI/ETT4)" <Chandrasekara...@in.bosch.com>
Subject RE: FW: Steps to Install Archva 1.3.5 (with default database)on tomcat 6.0.33 (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1523)
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:28:53 GMT
Hello Deng,

Thanks for your reply.

Step 1 : Installed  tomcat ( apache-tomcat-6.0.32.exe  ) with below configuration

Create tomcat administrator account  : admin
                           password  :   admin
                 Http connector port : 8080
                                          JRE  : C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
Tomcat Installation Path :   C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
Environment variable :    JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_26

Tested the tomcat using  http://localhost:8080/ link and its working fine.

Step 2: Stop the tomcat service and  Configured Archiva war  as per http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.5/adminguide/webapp.html
link

Step 3: Create archiva  fodler under  "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0 " path
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\archiva

Step 4: Download  "apache-archiva-1.3.5.war"  file and Copy the war file into the " C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\archiva"  folder

Step 5 : Created  archiva.xml file under "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\conf\Catalina\localhost"  folder  and update the following data.

I changed the  docBase and users and archiva url path  as below.

<Context path="/archiva"
          docBase="${catalina.home}/archiva/apache-archiva-1.3.5.war">

 <Resource name="jdbc/users" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           username="sa"
           password=""
           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
           url="jdbc:derby:${catalina.home}/database/users;create=true" />

 <Resource name="jdbc/archiva" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           username="sa"
           password=""
           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
           url="jdbc:derby:${catalina.home}/database/archiva;create=true" />

 <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>
 </Context>

Step 6: download the below file and stored in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\lib
activation-1.1.jar
derby-10.1.3.1.jar
derbytools-10.1.3.1.jar
mail-1.4.jar

Step7: Start the tomcat service and  update the below data in C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\archiva\WEB-INF\classes\application.properties file
appserver.base=%CATALINA_HOME%
appserver.base=%CATALINA_BASE%

after the above step, I tried to access archiva using http://localhost:8080/archiva/  ling
 and  I am getting below error

HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
message
description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

If I missed something please correct me.

Thank you.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
G Chandrasekaran