archiva-users mailing list archives

From Al Rathon <new_ber...@yahoo.com>
Subject Archiva for mirroring repos outside of the firewall
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:38:05 GMT
Hi,
Connecting to maven
 repos on the internet is not allowed inside our corporate firewall. We
want to mirror the  internet repositories within the corporate firewall
so developers can use them.
Do we need to use maven to somehow retrieve packages of internet
and host it internally. Is Archiva a gui front end to a maven repo or
does it also have the ability to mirror internet repos?

 I am a newbie to maven and archiva and am quite confused. Any clarification will be greatly
appreciated.

 Thanks in advance.