archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: authentication against LDAP
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:37:28 GMT
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Qian, Yi <yqian@ku.edu> wrote:
> 3. Following is my settings.xml in ~/.m2/ folder, which has my login
> credential in it, my question is I would like to avoid put even encrypted
> credential in a file, there is a way to force user login when using
> archiva, but also keep the login alive for some time period?

I'm guessing, but it sounds like you'd want it to work like sudo,
where it prompts for your password the first time you do something,
and then 'remembers' for a while.

So:
$mvn install
... prompt for repository password...
...build continues...
$mvn install
... build runs without prompting...

Nothing to do with the web interface, just Maven connecting to
retrieve artifacts, right?

If that's not it, please explain what you mean by "using Archiva".

--
Wendy