archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Authorization Denied for archiva-read-repository permission from maven
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:33:57 GMT

On 09/02/2011, at 5:30 PM, Chris Mylonas wrote:

> 2.  I've set my user password in the ~/.m2/conf/settings.xml file like so

Is this a typo? It should be ~/.m2/settings.xml. You can use mvn help:effective-settings to
confirm.

> <settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
>  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
>                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
>  <localRepository/>
>  <interactiveMode/>
>  <usePluginRegistry/>
>  <offline/>
>  <pluginGroups/>
>  <servers>
>    <server>
>      <id>snapshots</id>
>      <username>username4chris</username>
>      <password>{xxxxencyptedpasswordxxxx=}</password>
>    </server>
>  </servers>
>  <mirrors/>
>  <proxies/>
>  <profiles/>
>  <activeProfiles/>
> </settings>

You might try the plaintext password in here first to make sure that's working right, then
try the encrypted one.

> 3.  My pom.xml file has the distribution management set correctly I'm
> presuming otherwise the mvn deploy output would be going to the wrong url.

Make sure the ID is "snapshots" to map to above.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org