archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Brown" <charles.br...@sensis.com>
Subject Re: error uploading artifact with really long ID's
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:21:26 GMT
On 02/08/2011 06:52 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
> On 09/02/2011, at 3:25 AM, Charles Brown wrote:
>> I'm having a problem uploading one artifact of my build into Archiva 1.3.1.  I've
checked all the settings, and am confident this is not a permissions, settings.xml or pom.xml
issue.  I suspect it's an issue with the groupID/artifactId, which are really long - 98 and
79 chars respectively.

>> The log shows a PUT of the artifact jar, which gets a response of 401, then 500.
>>
>> Afterward, the archiva repository folder contains the jar, and it's the right size.
It even cksum's.

>> The URL of the put is 319 characters long.
>>
>> I suspect that once the jar has been copied into place, archiva is trying to update
its database, but that the artifact name exceeds the database schema?

>> Is there a length limitation on the ID's?
> Yes, it's currently 250 for group IDs and 80 for artifact IDs, so this should just be
in range.

> Anything in the logs to indicate the exception causing the 500?
>
> The 401 should be for other reasons - again, the logs should show something that correlates
to that.

> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

I didn't see any exception info in the archiva.log.  It looks like a
typical HTTP server log, i.e. "GET/PUT URI RESULT" entries.

Knowing there's a limit of 80 (mine was 79 w/out the version tacked on,
yet), I presume that's the issue.

Anyhow, I implemented a more reasonable naming scheme, which shortened
all Id's, and my artifacts deploy fine now.  So, I'm satisfied.

Thanks.
-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company
confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance
with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export
Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use
this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender
immediately.
-