archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Export/import of repositories?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 06:14:40 GMT
Hi Steven,

A few points here.

In Archiva 1.3, all of the metadata is derived from the original artifacts, so you can just
copy the filesystem to the other machine and reconfigure the repository to point there. It'll
be reconstructed on the first scan, though you'll need to reconfigure the authorization as
you've indicated.

If you want to copy the configuration, you can paste it from the managed repository section
of archiva.xml before starting the server. If you want to copy the user configuration, the
only option at the moment is to copy the whole users database. We do have export/import tools
for that (documented on the site), but it's for the whole user database so if there's a difference
you might be looking for something smaller.

As long as you have the repository scanning enabled, you can keep them in sync using rsync
or similar.

Is that what you were looking for?

- Brett

--