archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: artifact upload: what happens in case the content-length differs?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:15:46 GMT

On 26/02/2010, at 7:57 PM, Marc Lustig wrote:

> Brett pointed out at the Maven list that Archiva verifies the content-length
> after the artifact has been uploaded, I suppose by comparing the value sent
> in the Content-Length HTTP-header with the file-size of the file that has
> been uploaded.
>
> What does Archiva do in case the values differ?
> What HTTP-return code will it send back?

400 Bad Request

> What will happen to the artifact? Will it still remain in place in the fs?

It's deleted.

The code in question is addMember in the DAV resource.

If you'd like to add a check to ensure the checksum on the filesystem matches the file, this
would be the right place to do it (though implementing this permanently in Archiva would require
a series of tests and configuration, as you're familiar with from the block redeployment work).

Please let us know if we can help further with the corruption issues...

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter