archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managed repositories and Maven local repository
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 23:09:35 GMT
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM, jamiebarrow <jamiebarrow@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if Continuum manages its own repository, or just uses the
> default Maven local repository (~/.m2/repository). I think this may be the
> case.
>
> Did you manage to find a way of using the default Maven local maven
> repository with Archiva?

Archiva is meant to manage *remote* repositories, not local ones.

> That is, I have an already existing Maven repository on my drive. I now
> install Archiva, and want to import/use that existing Maven repository. Is
> it possible?

In general you can't interchange local and remote repos because the
metadata is different.  However Archiva is supposed to repair broken
metadata, so you can try making a copy of your local repo and pointing
Archiva at it as a managed repo.

--
Wendy