archiva-users mailing list archives

From Marc Lustig ...@marclustig.com>
Subject Migration 1.1.3 => 1.2 - JDO issues !
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 09:13:53 GMT

We have been running Archiva 1.x for about 13 months now serving now about 20
teams/120 developers.  In order to get rid of the tedious error messages
"unable to find project model" in the browse view and to benefit from the
new features and the new layout we tried upgrading to Archiva 1.2 by
following the instructions located here
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/webapp.html and here
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/standalone.html

We are running Archiva in Tomcat6 on jdk1.6.0_07 with Oracle RAC database.

After deploying the webapp it is impossible to browse the repositories
anymore, as we get various errors by JDO-implementation, such as

Error in JDO during get of Database object id
[xxx:automotive-benutzerverwaltung-actions:1.13-20081121.175349-3] of type
org.apache.maven.archiva.model.ArchivaProjectModel using no fetch-group
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Error(s) were found while
auto-creating/validating the datastore for classes. The errors are printed
in the log, and are attached to this exception.
NestedThrowables:
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01758: table must be empty to add
mandatory (NOT NULL) column

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01758: table must be empty to add
mandatory (NOT NULL) column

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01758: table must be empty to add
mandatory (NOT NULL) column

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01758: table must be empty to add
mandatory (NOT NULL) column

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00904: "ARCHIVA_ORGANIZATION_ID":
invalid identifier

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00904: "ARCHIVA_ISSUE_MANAGEMENT_ID":
invalid identifier

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00904: "ARCHIVA_CIMANAGEMENT_ID":
invalid identifier

=> It seems that the webapp tries to generate a fresh schema.

=> Anybody know what exactly is going on and how to work around?

Marc