archiva-users mailing list archives

From James Barrow <james.bar...@dariel.co.za>
Subject Re: Managed repositories and Maven local repository
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 07:17:06 GMT

Quoting Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com>:

> In general you can't interchange local and remote repos because the
> metadata is different.  However Archiva is supposed to repair broken
> metadata, so you can try making a copy of your local repo and pointing
> Archiva at it as a managed repo.

Thanks for the reply Wendy, I did try that, but it unfortunately
doesn't work. Due to bandwidth constraints, I really wouldn't want to
re-download everything from the central repo, also, because there's so
many artifacts, manually uploading everything to Archiva would take so
long.

Hopefully they add this functionality.

Cheers,

James