archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva & Snapshots
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:13:19 GMT
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:51 AM, DEGARDIN David (CAMPUS)
<david.degardin@oxylane-group.com> wrote:
> Hello Wendy,
>
> I've used the upload form (upload.action page). I've specified toto as
> groupId, B as artifactId and 1.1-SNAPSHOT as version. I've tried two
> ways:
>        1) tell Archiva to generate the POM
>        2) give Archiva a POM already written

If 'B' is your own project, and this is your internal snapshots repo,
the best way to get it into the repo is to configure
distributionManagement and then execute 'mvn deploy'.

I suspect that Archiva isn't getting the metadata correct when you
upload a snapshot, and then Maven can't find it.

Can you paste the contents of the maven-metadata.xml files near your
uploaded snapshot?  They should look similar to these:

At the artifact level:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/continuum/continuum-core/maven-metadata.xml

At the version level:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/continuum/continuum-core/1.2.4-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml