archiva-users mailing list archives

From <Nicolas.Dumi...@le-rsi.fr>
Subject RE: Can't browse repositories
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:08:31 GMT
Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking that once a remote repository is defined and a proxy
is attached to it, one may browse the repository. I'm probably mistaken, am I ?

Anyway, going to http://10.82.0.39:8080/archiva/central/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.6/struts2-core-2.1.6.jar

both with the browser and wget says 404.

But I need to mention that on my Suse server, where archiva is installed, I cannot browse
the net as the proxy is configured in such a way that it blocks any http request not having
an IE user-agent. Could that be a problem while the maven and eclipse user-agent work properly
?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 23 février 2009 17:54
À : users@archiva.apache.org
Objet : Re: Can't browse repositories

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:25 AM,  <Nicolas.Duminil@le-rsi.fr> wrote:

> The point is that in the archiva webapp the browse page is empty. Meaning that the repositories
are never scanned. Meaning that something with the network is wrong, but not the proxy config
as it works without archiva. Got it ?

You haven't mentioned putting anything in the repositories, so I
expect them to be empty.  Just setting up a proxy connector won't do
it... you can't browse through to the entire contents of the proxied
repos, you will only see the contents of your managed repos, once
artifacts have been deployed or proxied.

Try constructing a url to an artifact you know is in the remote repo
but not in your managed repo, such as:
http://[server:port]/archiva/repository/[repoid]/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.6/struts2-core-2.1.6.jar

Does that work in a browser or with wget?  (Note that this url is
straight to the managed repo, it does not have /browse/ in it.)

--
Wendy