archiva-users mailing list archives

From lsacco <occ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva "too many files open"
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:46:03 GMT

We have 3 repos and 1 central proxy repo.  Our SNAPSHOTS, Release and sandbox
scan hourly (0 0 * * * ? *), but we offset the time for each by 15 minutes
or so for each repo.  Our SNAPSHOT is our biggest repo with about 25K+ files
around 41GB.  When we initially set it up we thought this would be a
reasonable scan interval, but when I look at the scan statistics the
durations can be pretty long 5-30 minutes!  Perhaps the repos are getting
too big now to scan at this duration??

Any recommendations or suggestion with regard to scan intervals?

Also, has anyone used Archiva successfully on a VM?

Thanks,
Lou