archiva-users mailing list archives

From lsacco <occ...@gmail.com>
Subject Archiva "too many files open"
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:30:36 GMT

We have Archiva 1.1.3 running on Linux ELH AS4/Tomcat 5.5.25 and we have
recently noticed this issue after the server is only been up a day or less
sometimes:

java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.accept(ChannelSocket.java:312)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.acceptConnections(ChannelSocket.java:666)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketAcceptor.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

We recently upgraded to 1.1.3 but we have seen this problem in the past too.
Does any have any suggestions other than to keep upping the file descriptors
on the box (currently at 8192!)?  Could this be Tomcat 5.5?

As a comparison, my counterparts in another group are using Nexus with fd's
set to 1024 and have never seen this.

TIA!