archiva-users mailing list archives

From "DEGARDIN David (CAMPUS)" <david.degar...@oxylane-group.com>
Subject Archiva & Snapshots
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:22:22 GMT
Hi,

I've got a question about Archiva and snapshots. I've got a project
(let's call him A) that has a dependency on another artefact (let's call
him B) that is still in development phase.
I've uploaded my artefact B in version 1.1-SNAPHOST with Archiva. When I
look in the folder where the artefact should be deployed, I see that a
folder 1.1-SNAPSHOT has been created (so far, it is OK). In this folder,
the artifact is named myproject-1.1-20090130xxxxx (the qualifier and
build number). Same thing for its pom.

When I look for this artifact with Archiva search form, I cannot find
the 1.1-SNAPSHOT version but the 1.1-20090130xxxxx one.

How am I suppposed to declare this dependency in my project A ? I've
tried:

	<dependency>
		<groupId>toto</groupId>
		<artifactId>B</artifactId>
		<version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</dependency>

Or:
	<dependency>
		<groupId>toto</groupId>
		<artifactId>B</artifactId>
		<version>SNAPSHOT</version>
	</dependency>

And even:
	<dependency>
		<groupId>toto</groupId>
		<artifactId>B</artifactId>
		<version>1.1-20090130xxxxx</version>
	</dependency>

My mvn command always says that there is a missing resource, the
artefact cannot be found.

So my question is: am I doing the right thing ? I mean, is it possible
to upload an artefact that is in SNAPSHOT version with Archiva ?

Note that Archiva is configured with "snapshots included" and "delete
released snapshots" flags set to true.

Please advise me. I just need to know if this is OK and how to use it.
Do not hesitate to ask me more if it is not clear enough.

Thanks a lot

David