archiva-users mailing list archives

From Edderd <...@summitbid.com>
Subject Configuration of a remote mirror
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 13:15:54 GMT

Recently there has been some discussion on the maven mailing list about
"mirrors of central and considerate repo use"

I'd like to set up my archiva config for use with a mirror but I'm not sure
if I'm doing it correctly. Is the idea that, the mirror will be accessed
before repo1?

I added a mirror descriptor to my global settings.xml.

   <mirror>
          <id>sonatype.net</id>
          <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
          <name>Sonatype Mirror of Central Repository</name>
          <url>http://repo2.sonatype.net/maven2</url>
        </mirror>

Is this the correct way to proceed?

I'm running maven 2.0.9, archiva 1.1.3 standalone on an Ubuntu linux box

Thanks.