archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic question about internal vs. snapshots repositories in Archiva
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 02:16:49 GMT
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Kendall, Jason
<jason.kendall@wachovia.com> wrote:

> I just started using Archiva 1.1.1 and I noticed that by default 2
> "Managed Repositories" got created after installing Archiva...
> The first repository has an Identifier of "internal", and the second
> repository has an Identifier of "snapshots".
> My question is, conceptually, what's the difference between the
> "internal" and the "snapshots" repositories?

Snapshots are a Maven concept... a version number ending in -SNAPSHOT
indicates that the module is in development and may change.  Then you
go through the release process and release a certain version number.
That artifact never changes after it is released.

It's a good idea to have separate repositories for these two types of
artifacts, which is why Archiva comes pre-configured that way.  But if
it doesn't fit your team or your project, you can delete them and
create what you need.

--
Wendy