archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting maven_repo working with Archiva
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:29:04 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Craig A <tabmow99@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, that might be the issue then.  I just put the directories in there
> manually (ftp'ing the files over, and moving them to the 'internal'
> directory.  Then I hit 'Scan repository now' on Archiva and they showed up
> when i now do 'browse repositories'.  Under 'Browse', i now see:

Copying content into 'internal' is fine, but it has to be in remote
repository layout.  It sounds like you've copied an extra level of
directory structure in there.

For example, if your 3rdparty repo had 3rdparty/org/apache/struts/...
in it, and you want to put that in 'internal', then you need to end up
with internal/org/apache/struts, not
internal/3rdparty/org/apache/struts.

If you want these to be separate repositories, then move '3rdparty' up
to be a sibling of 'internal', and configure another managed
repository.  I recommend keeping third-party artifacts separate from
your internally built ones.

Then you can configure a repository group called (for example) 'all'
that serves both manged repos.

--
Wendy