archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Craig A" <tabmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting maven_repo working with Archiva
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:07:29 GMT
Hi all,
    I just set up Archiva and want to use it with Maven.   On the Archiva
server side of things, I setup a repository and added these two directories:

*drwxr-xr-x   3 root root 4096 Aug 12 13:10 maven_repo
drwxr-xr-x  43 root root 4096 Aug 12 13:11 3rdparty
*
On the Maven side of things, I added this to the settings.xml file:

*        <repository>
           <id>archiva-repo</id>
           <url>http://{local URL}/archiva/repository/internal/</url>
           <releases>
             <enabled>true</enabled>
           </releases>
           <snapshots>
             <enabled>false</enabled>
           </snapshots>
         </repository>
*

When I do the build now, maven finds the artifacts from the '3rdparty'
directory from the Archiva server and downloads them just fine.   However,
it doesn't seem to be able to find the stuff from the 'maven_repo' directory
from the Archiva server.

On the Archiva server, if I do 'browse' of the repositories, I see
"3rdparty" as per normal, but I see "maven_repo.local" (ie. the physical
directory doesn't have ".local" added to it, but it's showing up in Archiva
with the .local.     On the maven side of things, do I need to add the
".local" anywhere (ie. to a pom or settings file?)?  Or do i have to add
another repository listing in the 'settings.xml' file?  Or am I doing
something wrong?   I looked at the documentation but didn't see anything
about this.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints that you can offer.