archiva-users mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authorization failure deploying artifacts
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 03:31:00 GMT
Hi Brett,

On 11/08/2008, at 12:11 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> I assume you substituted "blahblah" in after the fact, since that
> wouldn't be a valid URL (they take the form /repository/ID).

you were spot on. :-)

The problem was that I didn't have 'repository' in the url. I had
http://our-intranet:8180/archiva/our-3rdparty-releases

rather than
http://our-intranet:8180/archiva/repository/our-3rdparty-releases

> If you pass -X to Maven it will show additional information about the
> HTTP error that might help in the diagnosis.

It showed additional info - but nothing about the HTTP error.

> If you're able to access
> the repository via the web UI with the user/pass it's probably on the
> Maven side.
>
> The one thing you can check on the Archiva side is that the user has
> the manager permission for the given repository, not just the observer
> permission.

Yep - I was already a manager.

Thanks very much!

with regards,