archiva-users mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Authorization failure deploying artifacts
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:53:53 GMT
Hi there,

forgive me if this has been answered before - but we've just set up
Archiva on our intranet (under Tomcat). We've created some users etc
and all appears well within the web-gui itself.

In my settings file I've got the servers configured with my user/pass.
However, whenever I attempt to deploy some jars I keep getting the
following error. I've not found any relevant logs on the server-side
thus far.

So is this from Tomcat or Archiva? How have others got this working?
Thanks.

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error while
trying to deploy the artifact.
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
583)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:227)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error while
trying to deploy the artifact.
	at
org
.objectstyle
.woproject
.maven2
.wobootstrap.BootstrapDeployMojo.executeGoal(BootstrapDeployMojo.java:
143)
	at
org
.objectstyle
.woproject
.maven2
.wobootstrap.AbstractBootstrapMojo.execute(AbstractBootstrapMojo.java:
193)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
558)
	... 16 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.ArtifactDeploymentException: Error
deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied to: http://foo.bar:8180/archiva/blahblah

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck