archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Kendall, Jason" <jason.kend...@wachovia.com>
Subject Basic question about internal vs. snapshots repositories in Archiva
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:49:10 GMT

I have a very basic question about internal vs. snapshots repositories
in Archiva...

I just started using Archiva 1.1.1 and I noticed that by default 2
"Managed Repositories" got created after installing Archiva...

The first repository has an Identifier of "internal", and the second
repository has an Identifier of "snapshots".

My question is, conceptually, what's the difference between the
"internal" and the "snapshots" repositories?

I am trying to understand what the intended use is for each repository.
Any examples, or documentation that would explain the differences

Between these 2 repositories and their intended usage would be much
appreciated. I have read through the Archiva documentation but

Can not find any documentation that spells out what each repository is
supposed to be used for.

Any help much appreciated,

Thank you...

Jason Kendall