archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: ldap with Archiva
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:58:42 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: ldap with Archiva
To: ljiang15@yahoo.com

Hi Marina,

I'll be forwarding this to the archiva users list and we could continue the
discussion there :)
Anyway, with redback 1.0.1 (used by archiva 1.0.2 & 1.0.1) I think you only
need to configure the security.properties file in order to use ldap for
authentication. Here's an example config:

user.manager.impl=ldap
ldap.bind.authenticator.enabled=true
ldap.config.hostname=localhost
ldap.config.port=10389
ldap.config.base.dn=dc=redback,dc=plexus,dc=codehaus,dc=org
ldap.config.context.factory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
ldap.config.bind.dn=uid=admin,ou=system
ldap.config.password=PASSWORD

I'm not sure with redback 1.0.2 (used by archiva 1.1) though if there are
additional configurations needed after the changes in redback's LDAP module.
Emmanuel might be able to answer that :)

HTH,
Deng